Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Paul Brockmann Extra Credit

Paul's presentation was not only interesting because we got to hear what it was like in Sierra Leone and how the Ebola camps were set up but I also gained new insight that in fact gave me the hope and confidence I needed. In other words, after hearing that you do not have to be a doctor to manage doctors and do something that important for a community, I was inspired. He seemed like a nice guy that I could relate to. I was reminded that like him, I too have skills such a people skills and public speaking skills that will also take me far in life. I remembered that school and textbooks are not all there is to life. Thinking this way really pushed me to cease comparing myself and my "book smartness" to others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment